Wednesday 10 December 2008

today is poem day

I have got a couple to share with you today - here we go....

Smiling is infectious - you catch it like the flu
When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too
I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin
When he smiled back, I realised I'd passed it onto him
I thought about this smile and realised its worth
A single smile just like mine could travel around the earth
So if you feel a smile begin - don't leave it undetected
Lets start an epidemic quick and get the world infected

I don't know who wrote this one.

Here's another one.....


I would pick more daisies


If I had to live my life over again
I'd dare to make more mistakes next time
I'd relax
I would limber up
I'd be sillier than I've been on this trip
I would take fewer things seriously
I would take more trips
I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers
I would eat more ice-cream and less beans
I would perhaps have more actual troubles
but I would have fewer imaginary ones
You see I'm one of those people who live seriously and sanely
hour after hour, day by day
I've had my moments and if I had to do it over again
I'd have more of them
In fact I'd try to have nothing else - just moments, one after another
instead of living so many years ahead of each day
I've been one of those people who never goes
anywhere without a thermometer
a hot-water bottle, a raincoat and a parachute
If I had to do it again I would travel lighter than I have
If I had to live my life over I would start
barefoot earlier in the Spring and stay that way later in the Fall
I would go to more dances, I would ride more merry-go-rounds, and
I would pick more daisies

This apparently was written by someone called Nadine Stair aged 85


Thought provoking eh???

Two of my most favourite quotes of all time are

To thine ownself be true and Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very true statements to live your life by. We're all in far too much of a rush today! xx

Stephanie Parsloe said...

I totally agree with you both... I wish that life today allowed for a bit of 'smelling flowers' and sitting by the wayside.

Well, perhaps at the end of Jan we will have a lovely day of calm and chilling.... hmmmm.... or more likely you all going mad over stash!

Me x