Friday 23 July 2010

Sewing Update!




I am so unbelieveably excited and rather quite proud of my little curtain that covers the washing machine front - I am a girl that couldnt sew a button on three weeks ago - all of my sons badges for his beavers uniform were sewn on by my husband as I just couldnt do it - not any more
I made the above to go with these

It all started when I went into Laura Ashley a couple of weekends ago and saw my favourite red gingham on sale - half price - before I knew what was happening I had paid for a metre - didnt have a clue what I was going to make with it but just knew I had to have it and since then I have made the above and then I concocted this little bag for me to take my sarnies into work

and as for the red gingham...I made this

and I have been doing some more with it today - this is going to hopefully be a 15 inch patchwork cushion
The children saw me sewing and wanted to join in so my son did this - not finished yet but loving it - think he is doing a terrific job - he started a couple of hours after us as he was on a sleepover last night!!!
and my little girl has made these cute little brooches

Let's hope they never know the fear of the sewing machine!!!!! Rebel without a clue that's what I was but hopefully now thats behind me (just dont look too close as you will see plenty of errors but hey its a start).

No comments: